Delicious Apple Cake Recipe
Recipe & Image: Dee NaTime: 1 Hour
- Butter 110 gm
- Brown sugar 150 gm
- Eggs 2 large ( if u want eggless, then skip egg and add 1/2 cup greek yogurt)
- All purpose flour 210 gm
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt ( if u r using salted butter then omit this salt)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 apples ( i chopped 2, and sliced 1 and soaked it in lemon water, so that it wont turn brown)
For the Glaze on the Top of the Apple:
– 2 tbsp apricot jam- 2 tsp water( heat this to make smooth syrup kinda glaze)
- Preheat ur oven at 180c
- Beat ur butter and sugar. cream it light n fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat to incorporate
- Add all spices, baking powder with ur flour and sift it.
- Add flour mixture into the butter mixture in 2 to 3 batches.
- If needed u can add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk ( i didnt need it, the batter was nice fluffy n thick and i didnt want it to thin)
- Add your chopped apple and mix with spatula with the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and place ur sliced apple as u like. i place it in floral way.
- I use 8 inch pan, and bake the cake for abt 35 to 45 mins, until its done.
- Brush apricot glaze on top .. u r done.