Recipe: Nadia NatashaImage: Nadia NatashaTime: 1.30 Minutes
- Refined flour 1 1/2 cups
- Soda bicarbonate 1/4 teaspoon
- Ghee 4 tablespoons
- Yogurt whisked 6 tablespoons
- Sugar 2 cups
- Milk 2 tablespoons
- Pistachios finely chopped 4-5
- Sift together the flour and soda bicarbonate into a large bowl, add also ghee n mix properly, then Add the beaten yogurt and knead into a soft dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow it to rest for forty-five minutes.
- Divide the dough into twelve equal portions and shape into smooth balls. Make a slight dent in the center of the ball with your thumb. Heat sufficient ghee in a non-stick kadai on medium heat.
- Gently slide in the prepared dough balls, two to three at a time, and deep-fry on low heat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper. Set aside to cool for forty-five minutes, or till they reach room temperature.
- Cook the sugar with one cup of water in a deep non-stick pan on high heat, stirring occasionally, till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the milk to the cooking syrup. Collect the scum which rises to the surface with a ladle and discard.
- Continue to cook till the syrup attains a two-string consistency.Remove the syrup from heat and soak the cooled balushahi in it for two hours.
- Gently remove the balushahi from the sugar syrup and place on a serving plate. Decorate with the pistachios. Set aside for two to three hours till the sugar syrup forms a thin white coating on the balushahi.