Homemade Fresh Donuts Recipe
Image & Recipe: Dee Na
- 1 1/8 cup Whole Milk, Warm
- 1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- -In a pan, take milk n sugar and warm it.. don’t boil it or make it hot.
- – add half of the milk in to the yeast and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- – put the pan back to stove and add butter to it and turn off the heat when the butter will melt.
- – in a bowl, take flour, add milk-butter mixture, add yeast and beaten eggs and mix it with wooden spoon.
- – put the dough on flour dusted surface and don’t knead a lot.. just for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- – in a clean bowl, put some dry flour n put the dough in the bowl n cover the bowl with damp cloth or plastic wrap to rest until the dough becomes double in size.
It should be kept in warm place for proofing and this will take minimum 1 hour– when the dough become double in size , take it in rolling surface n with rolling pin roll the dough 1.5 cm thick.- cut into shape n put it on tray.. (tray sud be dusted with dry flour so that the donuts dough doesn’t stick to the tray)- now again cover it for proofing in warm place for bat 40 -60 minutes.- now put oil in a pan for deep frying the donuts…- oil sue be on low to medium heat.- put donuts in oil fry one side until golden brown.. turn it n fry again.- each donuts take 3-4 minutes for frying.Glaze it or garnish it as u like… with jelly or cream or sugar glaze or even chocolate gauche.