Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies Easy Recipe
Recipe & Image: Kanak’s Kitchen
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Sugar (powdered) – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 6 tbsp
- Milk – as required
- Tutti Frutti (3 colors) – 1/4 cup
1. Bring the butter to room temperature and powder the sugar. In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter till fluffy using the hand whisk.2. Along with this add the maida and tutti frutti. Mix well till everything is combined. You can add milk at this stage to form a sticky and soft dough.3. Place the dough in the butter paper and shape the dough into a round log. Seal the edges of the butter paper and freeze it for 1 hour, to make the dough firm. If you don’t prefer to freeze, then refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until it is firm.4. Remove the log from the freezer and slices it into thick uniform pieces. Don’t slice it too thin. Preheat the oven for 10 mins @180 degree C and bake the cookies for about 15 – 20 mins. After 10 mins keep an eye on the cookies. The right time to take it out of the oven, is the stage when the cookies start browning at the edges. The cookies look soft as soon as it is out of the oven, but it will be firm after we cool it for few mins.Cool the cookies for at least 15 mins and then store it in air tight container. It can be stored and served up to 1 week. Enjoy the crunchy and crispy cookies… It’s divine.
Points to remember:
- If you bake without refrigeration or freezing , it may expand while baking. So don’t skip that step.
- Cooking time and temperature may vary for ovens. I baked the cookies extra few mins to get it crispier.
- You can add vanilla or pineapple essence if you prefer.